The drug Diflucan belongs to the group of antifungal agents and has broad therapeutic efficacy against many types of mycoses. The drug destroys yeast-like fungi, mold fungi, dermatophytes, as well as dimorphic forms of pathogens.
|Tablet Strength:||50mg, 100mg, 150mg, 200mg|
|Price:||from $0.78 per pill|
|Where to Buy||Check Diflucan (Fluconazole) Prices
Ingestion of the active substance of Diflucan, fluconazole, is rapidly absorbed through the mucous membranes of the digestive tract into the systemic circulation, the maximum concentration of the drug in the blood is observed within 1-1.5 hours after taking or administering the drug. The effect lasts for 24-30 hours, which makes it possible to take the medicine only once a day.
Fluconazole penetrates well into all biological fluids: saliva, phlegm, discharge from the vagina and penis, cerebrospinal fluid, blood, plasma, sperm and others, in addition, a mute part of the drug accumulates in the stratum corneum, which makes the drug even more effective.
Indications for use
The drug Diflucan in its various dosage forms is prescribed to patients for the treatment and prevention of the following pathologies:
- Vaginal candidiasis, which occurs during antibiotic treatment, weakened immunity, with HIV infection or AIDS;
- Fungal lesions of the skin, including pityriasis versicolor;
- Candidiasis of the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, pharynx, esophagus;
- Balanitis and balanoposthitis caused by a fungal infection;
- Candiduria and candidemia – yeast-like fungi in urine and blood;
- Endemic mycoses;
- Mycosis of feet and nail plate.
The drug in its various dosage forms is also prescribed to patients for the purpose of prophylaxis in case of oncological diseases against the background of chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
Contraindications to use
The drug Diflucan must be prescribed by a doctor after a preliminary examination of the patient. Before starting therapy, the patient is advised to carefully read the attached instructions, since the drug has the following contraindications:
- Individual intolerance to the active substance of the drug or its auxiliary components;
- Lactase deficiency;
- Age up to 3 years.
With extreme caution, a medicine is prescribed to patients if they have the following conditions:
- Dysfunction of the liver and kidneys;
- History of allergic reactions to fluconazole (rash, itching, skin redness);
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- Violation of the water-salt balance in the body;
- Superficial fungal infections of the skin and feet.
During the period of treatment with the drug Diflucan, patients may develop the following side effects:
- Dizziness, paresthesia, headaches, sleep disturbances, irritability, tremors of the extremities;
- Pain in the epigastric zone, stool disturbances, nausea and vomiting, dryness of the oral mucosa, increased thirst;
- Abnormal liver function, increased activity of hepatic transaminases;
- Weakness, increased fatigue, muscle pain;
- Skin rash, redness, itching of the skin;
- Anaphylaxis or the development of angioedema.
As a rule, the drug Diflucan is well tolerated by patients, and side effects develop only in the most rare cases.Leave a reply →